Disputed Assessments

Owner of units or lots have the right to dispute assessments which may have been incorrectly levied, where payment may not have been credited, or for other legitimate reasons.

Owners do not have the right to withhold assessments. Owners may dispute any assessments, fine, penalty, late fee, collection cost, or monetary penalty, by paying the disputed amount under protest and submitting a written request for dispute resolution to the association in accordance with alternative dispute resolution (ADR) procedures or filing an action in small claims court for any amount up to $10,000 ($5,000 if the owner is a corporation or other business entity).

If the parties elect alternative dispute resolution (ADR) rather than lDR, the parties must complete ADR within 90 days after the party initiating the request receives the acceptance, unless this period is extended by written stipulation signed by both parties.

Pacific Association Collections